Effective Date: December 20, 2021
Prior Version: Available Here
I. How Link gathers information about you
When you visit the Link Website or use Link Services, we collect certain Personal Information directly from you, including:
Directly from you
Link may collect Personal Information directly from Clients in connection with the provision of Link Services as a service provider to our Clients. Link may collect Personal Information from Visitors to the Link Website.
Other Third Parties
Link may collect Personal Information about you from other sources, such as our vendors and marketing partners, or references when you apply for a position with us.
Cookies and other technology
A. Information that you provide to Link
When you visit the Link Website or use Link Services, we collect certain Personal Information directly from you, including:
- Identifiers (e.g., real name, postal address, email address, telephone number, account log-in credentials);
- Customer records information (e.g., credit card number, debit card number, bank account number, or any other financial information, including information that Clients and Visitors provide to pay for Link Services);
- Internet or other electronic network activity (e.g., IP address, browser type, browser language, operating system, referral sources, information regarding interactions with the Link Website, links clicked or opened in Link emails);
- Commercial information (e.g., products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, Personal Information disclosed in a sale or acquisition process);
- Professional or employment-related information (e.g., job history, performance evaluations);
- Audio, electronic or similar information (e.g., audio recordings when you contact Link with questions or concerns);
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (e.g., gender, race/ethnicity, veteran status, and disability status, where legally permissible);
- Geolocation data (e.g., physical location); and
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information (e.g., profiles reflecting preferences and trends).
When you apply for a position via our careers page (https://www.linklogistics.com/careers/), you may provide us certain information including: login credentials; information regarding your work authorization status, education history, current or past job/employment history and professional designations; and other information about your background and qualifications. In addition, where legally permissible, you may provide information regarding your gender, race/ethnicity, and your veteran and disability status. Link will not consider either this information or your choice to decline to provide it in evaluating your qualifications for employment with us. This information will be used only for Equal Employment Opportunity reporting and other legal and compliance purposes.
B. Information we obtain from other sources
Link may also collect some information from other sources, including:
- if we have a business relationship with the organization that you represent, your colleagues or other business contacts may give us information about you, such as your contact details or details of your role in the relationship; and
- information from third party data providers or publicly available sources for anti-money laundering, background checking and similar purposes, and to protect our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
If you provide information to us about another person, you should ensure that you comply with any legal obligations that may apply to your provision of the information to us.
C. Information we obtain by automated means
We use different types of first and third-party cookies on the Link Website for several reasons. First-party cookies are those that we place on your device through the Link Website; third-party cookies are cookies that another party places on your device through the Link Website.
- To track user trends and patterns: This helps us better understand and improve areas of Link Services that our users find valuable.
- To provide you with personalized content: (your user preferences, your default language, device and browser information so we can identify you across devices and personalize the content you see).
- To provide social media features and to analyze our traffic: We also share information about your use of the Link Website with our social media and analytics partners. We use the information from cookies to provide services better tailored to our Clients’ and Visitors’ needs.
We use five types of cookies: strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, functional cookies, marketing cookies, and website analytics cookies.
Strictly necessary cookies
Strictly necessary cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Link Website and use its features. These are temporary cookies that last only as long as your web browser is open, and are used for purposes such as enabling better navigation on our website. Without these cookies, services you have asked for cannot be provided. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears.
Performance cookies are stored on your device for longer periods and are used for purposes including tracking the number of unique visitors to our website services and information such as the number of views a page gets, how much time a user spends on a page, and other pertinent web statistics. The collected information is aggregated, and therefore made anonymous. These cookies are used to improve the performance of the Links website, and with it, the user experience.
Functional cookies enable the website to save information which has already been entered (such as user names, language choices, and your location), so that it can offer you improved and more personalized functions. Functional cookies are also used to enable features you request, such as playing videos. These cookies collect anonymous information and cannot track your movements on other websites.
Link and third parties acting on our behalf (such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your interests.
Website analytics cookies
For more information on the cookies we use and how you can manage them, please access our Preference Center, or adjust the settings on your browser. Please note that if you disable functional cookies on your browser, some parts of the Link Website may not work fully.
Other tracking devices
Link uses data analytics companies, advertising networks, or social media companies, and the features they offer, to engage in “cross-device tracking,” which occurs when platforms, publishers, and advertising technology companies try to connect a consumer's activity across smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, and other connected devices. The goal of cross-device tracking is to enable companies to link a consumer’s behavior across devices.
II. How Link uses the collected information
- provide Visitors with access to the Link Website;
- improve the Link Website, including statistical analysis of the Link Website;
- customize Visitors’ experience on the Link Website;
- deliver content tailored to Visitors’ interest and the manner in which Visitors browse the Link Website;
- manage the Link Website;
- operate, evaluate, and improve Link Services;
- process Clients’ purchases and transactions;
- respond to Visitors’ and Clients’ inquiries;
- for our information technology or security purposes;
- debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality on the Link Website;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- comply with applicable laws and regulatory requirements, or as requested by the government or regulatory authorities;
- facilitate a merger, divestiture, acquisition, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us is among the assets transferred.
Link may also use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
III. Information that Link discloses to others
- our affiliates;
- service providers who perform services on our behalf (including cloud services), depending on the nature of our relationship with you;
- our financial and transaction counterparties;
- our professional advisors; and
- your agents and representatives.
Link also may disclose information about you in the following contexts:
- if we are required to do so by law or legal process,
- to law enforcement authorities, regulators and/or other government entities and/or other competent authorities based on a lawful disclosure request, or
- when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
We reserve the right to transfer Personal Information we have about you or otherwise process in the event that we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation). In addition, Link may share anonymous/aggregated information with third parties, such as service providers, in order to facilitate our business operations.
IV. How we protect Personal Information
Link maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect Personal Information we obtain through the Link Website against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. However, neither individuals nor security systems are foolproof, and the transmission of information via the Internet is also not completely secure. As a result, while Link uses reasonable security measures to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Please contact email@example.com if you become aware of any unauthorized access to or use of the Link Website or Link Services, or the information collected and maintained in relation to them.
Where Link has given you or allowed you to choose a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Link Website or Link Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for complying with any other security procedures of which we notify you or which you believe are reasonable. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
V. International Transfers
VI. Retention and deletion of your information
We will retain your information in line with our retention policies and, in any event, for no longer than is necessary given the purpose for which it was collected.
Note that we may retain some limited information about you so that we can maintain a continuous relationship with you if and when we are in contact with you again. You can opt out of receiving marketing information or contact us to delete your contact details at any time.
VII. Your rights and choices A. Global rights and choices
Link offers you certain choices in connection with the Personal Information we collect from you.
Email Communications: If you receive direct marketing communications from us, you may opt-out by clicking the link in the relevant communication, completing the forms provided to you (where relevant), or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. Rights and choices for residents of California
If you are a resident of California, this section describes the Personal Information we collect about you, how we use and disclose it, and how you can exercise certain rights you may have available to you under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) in connection with your business relationship with Link.
Categories of Personal Information
|Categories of Personal Information||Categories of Third Parties|
|Identifiers (e.g., real name, postal address, email address, telephone number, account log-in credentials)||our affiliates; our service providers; our financial and transactional counterparties;our professional advisors; your agents and representatives; law enforcement (based on a lawful disclosure request)|
|Customer records information (e.g., credit card number, debit card number, bank account number, or any other financial information, including information that Clients and Visitors provide to pay for Link Services)||our affiliates; our service providers; our financial and transactional counterparties;law enforcement (based on a lawful disclosure request)|
|Internet or other electronic network activity (e.g., IP address, browser type, browser language, operating system, referral sources, information regarding interactions with the Link Website, links clicked or opened in Link emails)||our affiliates; our service providers; our financial and transactional counterparties;our social media and advertising partners;our professional advisors; your agents and representatives; law enforcement (based on a lawful disclosure request)|
|Commercial information (e.g., products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, Personal Information disclosed in a sale or acquisition process)||our affiliates; our service providers; our financial and transactional counterparties;our professional advisors; your agents and representatives; law enforcement (based on a lawful disclosure request)|
|Professional or employment-related information (e.g., job history, performance evaluations)||our affiliates; our service providers; our financial and transactional counterparties;our professional advisors; your agents and representatives; law enforcement (based on a lawful disclosure request)|
|Audio, electronic or similar information (e.g., audio recordings when you contact Link with questions or concerns)|
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (e.g., gender, race/ethnicity, veteran status, and disability status, where legally permissible)|
|Geolocation data (e.g. physical location)|
|Inferences drawn from other Personal Information (e.g. profiles reflecting preferences and trends)|
Use and disclosure of Personal Information
Link does not “sell” your Personal Information in the traditional sense. Like many organizations, however, we engage third parties to help deliver interest-based advertisements to you and may make use of third-party tracking technologies or other online marketing services. In doing so, we may make available or transfer your Personal Information (e.g., Identifiers such as your IP address, Geolocation data, and Internet or other similar network activity) to third parties, such as advertising agencies, advertising services, analytics providers, sponsored content providers, social media platforms, and other similar technology companies. In certain cases, sharing data with these providers could be considered a “sale” under the CCPA even though it is not a sale in the traditional sense.
- To opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising, you can exercise your choice by using your account privacy settings described in the “Information we obtain by automated means” Section I(C) above or our Preference Center.
- You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment from us based on your exercising of any privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
VIII. Links to other websites
The Link Website may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from us. Linked websites may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites, or the privacy practices of the websites.
IX. Children's Privacy
The Link Website and Link Services are designed and intended for adults. By accessing the Link Website or utilizing Link Services, you represent that you are at least eighteen (18) years of age.
The Link Website and Link Services are not intended for children under the age of thirteen (13). We therefore do not knowingly collect information from or otherwise market the Link Website or Link Services to children under thirteen (13) years old. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and believe that he or she has disclosed Personal Information to us, please contact us as described in the “Contact Us” section below. You may review and request the deletion of your child’s Personal Information or prohibit the further use of such information.
X. Contact Us
Post Mail. You may also write to:
Link Logistics Real Estate LLC
90 Park Avenue, 32nd Floor
New York, NY 10016
Phone. You may call us at (212) 210-2297
Fax: You may send us a fax at (212) 297-1090